Lunch and Learns - How
to Conduct and Succeed!
Pharmaceutical Rep Lunch and Learns present great opportunities for a pharmaceutical rep to maximize relationships with not only the prescribers, but the nurse and additional office staff as well. Now, more than ever, the pharmaceutical sales lunch and learn is critical to success. Why? Read on...
Pharmaceutical Rep Lunch and Learns Provide the Following Advantages:
- Lunch and Learns create the most face time with prescribers & allow you to get to know your prescribers on a personal level. Therefore, you're increasing your opportunities for rapport building.
Note: The more personal information you can gleam from a physician, the better. Why? Because this will help extend your call in a detail situation. Beginning the conversation with a topic of interest to the prescriber will often extend your call and may increase the impact of your message. For example, let's say you've found out that your prescriber really likes golf and the U.S. Open took place over the weekend. You may start the conversation by asking the prescriber if he saw Tiger Woods birdie the 18th hole to win the U.S. Open? That will immediately spark a comment from the prescriber and can open the door to a great detail.
- Pharma Sales Rep Lunch and Learns provide you with the opportunity to meet and sell the entire office staff.
Your future manager will coach you to promote yourself and your product to every single member of the office staff. From the gatekeeper to the phone nurse to the physician...all are important in order to gain respect and influence.
* To make a great 1st impression, ask the gatekeeper the office staffs' preference for menu choices. Just by performing this small task, everyone will be impressed with your attention to detail and your consideration of their menu choices. To put it bluntly...if they're excited about "what's for lunch", they'll be more likely to listen to your message and engage in conversations with you.
* Because traditional detail time has significantly decreased (less than 2 minutes per rep), it's crucial to get as many people "on board" with your product as possible, in that they both understand and support your product messages.
For example, during the pharma sales lunch and learn, you'll spend quality time with the phone nurse. Why is it so important to build a relationship with this person? Here's why...when a pharmacist calls the physician's office, many time the pharmacist will try and switch the script to a generic equivalent. If the phone nurse understands your product, he/she will be less likely to agree to the switch. Therefore a good relationship with the phone nurses can decrease the number of lost scripts.
- Pharma Rep Lunch and Learns allow you to gather personal interest information from the office staff, as well as prescribing habit information.
With many physicians, it's often difficult to determine their personal interests, mainly due to time constraints. Interacting with the office staff, especially nurses, will help you acquire vital information about the physician's likes and dislikes. This will also help you to build a better rapport with the physician.
Many times, the physician's personal nurse can give you great insight as to why a doctor chooses one product over another. Gaining this insight can help you better position your product with that doctor (within legal and moral parameters, of course)!
In summary, your success in pharmaceutical sales boils down to this...gaining access, delivering your message, and understanding physician prescribing habits. Pharmaceutical rep lunch and learns will help accomplish all three, in one swift meeting!
PLEASE NOTE: Within the interview process, your goal is to set yourself apart from the competition. By demonstrating a detailed understanding of pharmaceutical rep lunch and learns, along with knowing how to utilize them to build relationships and increase market share, you will nearly eliminate the other candidates in the interview process.
But, do you want to know how to completely annihilate the other candidates?
All right then...you need a slam dunk, proven system for breaking in....
Our step by step, no fluff, hard-core, time-tested system has helped hundreds of candidates successfully win their dream pharma job. Learn about our secret strategies and ulimate path to pharma success!
Return to Pharmaceutical Rep - A Day in the Life!